Worship is the work of the whole community, so there are many ways St. Christopher’s members assist with leading worship:
- Greeters welcome the community to worship and see to the needs of worshipers.
- Readers read the scripture lessons aloud each week
- Acolytes are lay assistants who assist the deacons, bishops, and priests in the ceremonies, rites, and celebrations of the church.
- Lay Eucharistic Ministers & Visitors help to lead the community’s prayers and serve Communion at church on Sunday and at people’s homes at other times.
- Coffee Hour hosts provide and serve refreshments following worship, allowing the congregation to casually enjoy Christian community together.
Interested in helping to lead worship in any of these ways? Contact the office manager for more information.
The church choir also helps lead worship on most Sundays from September through May. The choir is open to all and practices on Thursday evenings at 7pm. Contact our church musician, Jeff Sprengel, for more information.
For Readers and anyone interested in seeing the upcoming scripture lessons, here is a link to the Lectionary page that helps us plan most of our Sunday services: http://www.lectionarypage.net/